Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Coo-coo-cachu.... Haiku

I don't know about you guys, but I get some of my best ideas from the shower. On standing under the constant stream of hot water last night, I wondered how I could describe my day. A poem? No, too long. I was too tired for that. Then clicked the idea.... a haiku! Why? Because they're AWESOME! I had totally forgotten about haikus until that very moment, and needless to say it was mildly bothersome. I remembered how much fun we had with these in elementary school. However, we have more freedom to arrange them now in our older age because of our developed wit. Oh, W;t -- a book we had to read in English class last year. Anyway, for those of you that may not be familiar with a haiku, it is 3 phrases made of 17 syllables total- the first phrase being 5 syllables, the second being 7, and the third being 5 again. Here are some sample haikus.

Winter Haiku:
I wake, reluctant;
Too cold to get out of bed
But I need to pee.

or another

Haikus are easy
But sometimes they don't make sense
Refrigerator.

Before I head to class in 10 minutes, I'm going to try one of my own. It's actually pretty lame but whatevs, I have to pack up for class.

Want to be back home
Take showers without flip flops
Armenian food.


Included is this song because well.... I'm a sleepyhead. Why, you ask? Because living the midterm life is horrible.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=na1OdO30Yp8

2 comments:

  1. I love Haiku-ing!! So fun and easy haha

    I enjoyed your blog
    this post was really well done
    refrigerator

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the title of this blog. I remember writing Haiku in 4th or 5th grade; they were so easy because it was only 4 lines. I also remember thinking that Haiku was not poetry. Then last year while looking for scholarship, I found there was a Haiku poetry contest. I guess Haiku really pays off.

    ReplyDelete