Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Stupid Cupid, stop picking on me

In the spirit of the ever-changing world, I've decided to abandon my old theme of the weather and create an ever-changing blog. This forum will be influenced by topics that spark my interest and will differ on a weekly basis. In essence, I hereby present to you the theme of not having a theme. Featured in this issue.... is the song of the week! The reason why I chose this song is because of the oh-so-anticipated Valentine's Day. Sure, it's great for all the on-campus couples, but what about those who are not able to see their "valentine" or worse- do not have one to begin with? In my opinion, it's become a cultural norm as something in which you MUST partake but I argue that if you care about a person so much, every day should be approached with the same sentiments expressed on February 14th. So this Valentine's Day I challenge you not to obsess over who your valentine is, but rather how this day is different from any other once you deduct the monopolization of Hallmark. All my loving, Alina.

2 comments:

  1. I completely agree! I have a boyfriend and still don't like valentine's day. I view it as a holiday created by companies like Hallmark to capitalize off of.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree; Valentine's Day is just a Hallmark holiday and people should feel free to show their love any day of the year!

    ReplyDelete